Taking a screenshot of your Android phone’s screen can be a bit confusing because usually it is not available as a built in function in the main menu. The screenshot can be done with a button shortcut.
Just press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, hold them for a second, and your phone will take a screenshot. It’ll show up in your Gallery app.
Follow these easy steps:
- Locate the Volume Down and Power buttons – on the side or top of the phone.
- Press and hold these buttons for 1-2 seconds.
- You should see a message at the top of the screen saying “Saving screenshot”.
- If you don’t, you might need to:
- Make sure you are pushing both buttons at the same time.
- Make sure you are pushing the volume Down (Vol-) button.
- Hold the buttons some longer, for a few seconds
- The screenshot will show up in your Gallery app.
Check out this blog post for a handy tutorial video about tanking screenshots: