The baby monitor / video door phone wireless range is less than the specified wireless range
The specified range is measured under optimal conditions, on open field in line of sight, without any obstacle and free from radio interferences.
The actual range depends on different external factor.
The range might be shorter indoors where the signal goes through walls or it is blocked by some solid objects, or if it’s placed near other appliances what may cause radio interferences and transmission channel overlap.
The baby monitor / video door phone wireless range is too short, the signal is distorted or there’s no signal
- Make sure the batteries are fully charged. Make sure transmitter and receiver units are powered on properly. Test it either using with power adapter or battery.
- Make sure the antennas are connected perfectly.
- Make sure the transmitter and receiver units are within the wireless range, and not installed too far from each other. Test them on a short distance.
- Make sure there’s no other electronic device nearby which may cause radio interference. Usually cordless, WIFI, or high power devices can affect the signal reception. Try to isolate such devices. Test the device on another place.
- Try to change transmission channels. On certain products you can manually change the channel on the transmitter and receiver units directly with a switch. In this case make sure you set the same channel on both units. Some other products support pairing method to connect the camera to the monitor. Please refer to user manual to learn more about the pairing method.
There’s no image on the baby monitor / video door phone screen
- Make sure power supply is connected or battery is full. Press and hold the power button for several seconds to turn on the unit. Refer to user manual for usage instructions.
- The monitor may go to sleep mode to save power. Press any button to turn on the screen.Please verify power saving settings.
- The monitors with VOX (voice activated) or motion detection mode may show blank screen when it is not used for a while and voice or motion is not detected. When sound input or moving
- object is found the screen will turn on automatically. You can also manually turn it on with a button. Please verify VOX, motion detection and power saving feature settings.
- Some models support video output to an external screen (AV-out). The built in screen may turn off when an external screen is connected. Please disconnect the AV cable to enable the built in screen.
The night vision function does not work
- Please test it in complete darkness. Check if you can see the light of the IR night vision LEDs which are located around the lens.
- Maybe it is too far away from the subject. Try to change the camera location and position.
- Power it off (and disconnect the battery if available) for a while, then try again.
- Please check the video parameters such as brightness/contrast and night vision setting on the monitor unit or on the control interface / software.