Car DVD Players Troubleshooting
Posted by Shirley from Chinavasion.com Support on 14 11 2013 01:57 PM
Does not turn on|
1. Check whether all power cables are connected correctly. Connect ACC and BATT+ wires to +12V DC; and connect GND to the ground (-).
2. Check whether the ISO wire harness connector fits perfectly.
3. Check the fuse at the back of the unit and also check the fuse in the vehicle fuse box. If it has any blown fuses, replace it with another fuse of the same type.
4. If the fuse is fine, check with a multimeter to confirm the voltage is a steady DC 12V.
The installation of the Car DVD Player should be performed or supervised by a professional.
It displays a warning message or blank screen instead of video
The Car DVD players come with safety function. This feature prevents watching videos or TV shows while driving.
In order to permanently disable this function, please connect BRAKE wire to the GDN (negative pole). The cables are labeled, but you can also identify the cables by colors using the user manual. Please note, in several countries playing video while driving is not allowed.
The installation of this Car DVD Player should be performed or supervised by a professional.
Why cannot insert DVD disc?
1. For safer package transportation the CD/DVD reader module is firmly fixed with a screw. Before you install the Car DVD Player unit into the car, please remove the screws from the top of the unit.
2. Check whether there’s no disc in the unit. If there is, then eject the disc.
3. Check if it is in DVD mode.
What should I do if there's no picture on the screen?
1. Disconnect BATT+, and then reconnect power to reset unit.
2. Check if the voltage is a steady DC +12V.
3. Check if the ACC fuse was burnt. If so, replace it with another one.
4. Re-install the front panel. (This only applies to DVD players with detachable front panel.)
What should I do if the screen will not come out?
1. Check whether the screen is not blocked with any object, and the front panel is installed perfectly. (Applies to models with detachable front panel).
2. Check that the car's voltage/current is correct (+12V DC), or remove the unit from your car and use a bench power supply to test it.
3. Disconnect and reconnect the power cables to reset the unit.
4. Press the "OPEN" button on the panel or remote control to check if the screen will automatically come out. If not, pull it out by using gentle but even force on both sides of the panel.
Why won't the unit play my disc?
- Does not open the screen at all?
- Does it make any sound when try to open the screen?
1. Try different kinds of discs with different formats such as DVD/DVD-R/DVD+R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/VCD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3/MP4... Check if it cannot play all kind of formats, or just cannot play certain kind of discs.
2. Check whether that you put in the disk with correct direction, and the disk is clean and fine.
3. Reconnect the power cables and reset the unit.
Radio signal reception
- What is the alert showed on the screen? (Such as Loading/No disc/Error, etc.)
1. Verify the radio antenna is securely connected. Verify your antenna is working properly. If you are using an aftermarket antenna it may not offer perfect reception.
2. Try to search channels both automatically and manually, or adjust it to a specific channel with programs to check if you get a signal.
3. You may be too close or too far away from the transmitter. Try another station.
4. Verify you are in an open area where the signal will not be impeded by buildings or other metal objects.
Why the remote control does not respond?
1. Please test it with new batteries. Some remote controls come with a transparent plastic piece installed to the battery compartment. It is used to isolate the battery while it is not in use.
2. Check whether the battery is installed correctly with correct polarity.
3. Please check the remote control with a digital camera:
1) Turn on your cellphone camera and go to the camera mode . Press the POWER button of the remote toward the camera lens of the cellphone.
2) If you see a sharp white light, that means the remote is working but if not the remote must be faulty or need to replace the batteries.
3) Here are the two pictures to show the difference:
Picture A is the one with a good remote controller, while B is a faulty remote: http://screencast.com/t/be84stIJd
The detachable front panel does not work
1. Check whether the front panel connector (metal contacts) on the back of the front panel and on the head unit are intact and clean.
2. Check whether the front panel fits perfectly.
3. Try to detach and attach several times the front panel.
4. Check whether all power cables are connected correctly. (ACC & BATT+ are connected to +12V; GND is connected to ground (-).)
5. Disconnect BATT+, and then reconnect power to reset unit.
6. Check if the voltage is a steady DC +12V.
7. Check if the ACC fuse was burnt.
How to connect with a cellphone via Bluetooth
1. Switch to Bluetooth function and turn on Bluetooth link.
2. Turn on Bluetooth function on your cellphone and search for available devices.
3. Once a new Bluetooth device appears on the list (on the phone), select it and enter the default pairing code 0000 or 1234.
4. Now it’s ready to make a receive calls. You can use the dialing interface on the head unit.