"My Gadget Doesn't Charge Any More"... The Battery Issue
We all know it from our cell phones... batteries can be a headache.
Some batteries are great and seemingly last forever. Other batteries of exactly the same type start to run out quicker, and don't hold charge as well.
(For some tips on prolonging battery life see our article here.)
The lifetime of a battery depends heavily on:
- how often you've used the device;
- your charging habits;
- how full or empty the battery has been and how many times;
- environmental influences such as heat and humidity.
Rechargeable batteries can also be permanently reduced in capacity if you leave them completely drained for a long period of time. To keep your batteries healthy keep them charged and in use.
All Chinavasion products have the batteries tested and confirmed OK when entering our warehouse stock, and we ensure proper stock turnover so no products are expired when we send them out.
When you receive your items, charge the batteries fully before use, as we do not pre-charge the batteries for you on all items.
Warranty Limitation on Batteries
For the "usage affects lifetime" reasons mentioned above, it is virtually impossible for us, the wholesaler, to tell if a battery is "faulty", or just simply "naturally worn out" by your own use.
Therefore the general 3 month product warranty from Chinavasion does NOT apply to rechargeable batteries.
Please note our policy as follows:
- Your product batteries are covered against faults for the first 30 days from the time you receive your goods only. Within this time if there is a fault we will assist you with replacing the faulty items. Normally this will be via a special delivery of the new batteries.
- If, within this 30-day limited warranty period, the batteries will not recharge, or appear to drain too fast, contact us with your order number and the product code, and we will give you information about what levels it should be functioning at and confirm if it is faulty and can be replaced.
- (We reserve the right NOT to make a special delivery in rare situations that the delivery conditions in your destination, or prevailing China exit Customs practices, prevent or restrict us from shipping only-battery parcels. In such cases we will still send the batteries free, but it would have to be together with an order of larger items.)
- Outside this limited warranty period, customers are requested to pay for deliveries of spare batteries. In such a case, contact us and we will tell you how much you need to pay, as these items are not listed on our website.
- If you are buying in wholesale quantities for resale in your own shop, or you are a dropship vendor, we advise you to support your customers directly vis-a-vis the battery issue. For a small extra fee we can add extra batteries into every new product box when you order, or sell you bulk packets of new batteries. Please speak to your Chinavasion sales representative when getting a quotation for your new order.