"My Order Can't Be Delivered - There Is A Customs Problem"
Usually, when you import goods from Chinavasion, the packet will be inspected
by your local Customs.
There's usually no reason to worry because:
- Chinavasion provides all the necessary paperwork for your shipment;
- In most countries it's pretty easy to import most kinds of consumer
- The actual process of customs clearance is usually handled completely by
the delivery company (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL);
- If there is any duty (import tax) or other charges to pay, the courier
will usually pay it first and deliver the products to you, and you pay them
Click here for more information about import taxes.
If there is a question about your delivery:
- Sometimes you may need to provide information to your local Customs
about the shipment you are receiving. In some cases they need you to provide
an invoice matching the invoice that accompanies the goods. In these cases
please contact us immediately and we will provide you with a PDF of the
- Sometimes the products need to be backed up with some kind of licence or
certificate. In these cases, we mostly already hear about it from the
courier and we will handle it for you. If Customs contacts you about this,
please contact us
first to get our help.
- If, for any reason, the products cannot be delivered to you, due to a
Customs problem, we will discuss with you case by case about how to handle
- If goods are seized or turned back because of an issue that was
Chinavasion's fault, e.g. incorrect paperwork, we will re-deliver the goods
at our own expense, or offer you credit for a new order.
- If goods cannot be delivered due to restrictions in your own country,
this is your responsibility. For example, if you decided to try to import an audio-recording CCTV camera, but this technology is illegal or restricted due to local laws in the delivery destination country, that is your responsibility to know about before you order from
Chinavasion. If the delivery failed for that reason, we cannot offer any
compensation, because as the importer it's your job to know about the local regulations. Another situation in which you must accept liability is where
your country requires you to have a licence to import commercial goods: in
this case, it is your responsibility to know about this before you place an
order on Chinavasion, and in the case of a failed delivery, we cannot offer
- As the importer you hold sole legal responsibility for responding to
questions about imported goods delivering to yourself. Import duties, sales
tax, and any other customs charge, are your responsibility, as described in
our terms and conditions. If a delivery fails because you do not respond in
time to Customs communications, or you refuse to pay the applicable charges,
we cannot offer any compensation.
Do You Currently Have a Shipment With a Problem?
If your delivery has a problem in Customs, we probably already know and are
handling it. But please get in
contact with us to get details of your delivery status.